Friday 18 January 2013

New on the horizon



Dear fellow Martian Explorers,

It's 2013 and I haven't said a word here. After the recent coronal mass ejection from the sun, our telecommunications system here on Luna Mars were rendered virtually unusable. But yes, here we are again, and with the canned soda-dispensing machines in working order once more on this space station, I hereby declare that the first record of this year was released last night.



It's a single called Silent Seas, and it comes with a hidden B-side, an electronica-heavy tune called Vanilla Night. It's a name-your-price thing, so you can head on down to Bandcamp and lend your support to the successful continuing running of this wonderful space station.



Meanwhile, coming up next, after we finish our experiments with the bacteria in a Petri dish, which we shall attempt to let germinate in the paper-thin Martian atmosphere, there shall be a new album, called Time, a 10-track collection of piano-based, ambient-like tunes. The writing is done, now it's just some tweaking and fine-tuning that's holding up things until February 14 this year, when the head, the tail, the whole damn thing will be unleashed at Bandcamp. So, stay tuned.

And now, for something completely exciting: I've finally found a collaborator on SoundCloud who is completely on the same wavelength as me ... as I ... umm ... Anyway, this guitarist and I are working on a tune called Vodalus which will feature his jazz-guitar solo and my e-piano.

The slight problem in our chance encounter was, he required a chord chart, and I mostly stir my empty head to make up chords. Thus, I had no chord chart to speak of. But after much figuring out, I deduced that the progression for the solo begins with an Fm7, after which is an inversion of a major 6th, after which is some weird thingie, after which is most definitely a C6. Here's the ancient hieroglyphics unearthed in one of the mountains here on Mars:



By the end of this week, we should have a working draft of the tune. So, stay put in that stratosphere and stay in orbit. There'll be another transmission later.

Over and out.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I love Silent Seas! I'm glad you're making a new album! All the best for you and Vodalus!

    ReplyDelete