Sunday 9 December 2012

Vive le Revolution!

There is a small people's uprising happening on SoundCloud.

One morning this week, as usual, I logged onto the Net after breakfast, got into SoundCloud to check activities. What greeted me was completely alien, a black page with stuff.

A black page with stuff. Yes. Not the usual friendly, easy-to-use white page, but a cluttered black page with everything jumbled and confusing. I wondered where my Dashboard went, where my Profile was, where to look for my Main Page, and most importantly, what had happened while I was asleep.

We all knew this was coming, because they had signified that changes were going to happen, positive changes. They had Beta testing, to get feedback from users. Even back then there had already been complaints. Did they listen? No.

Now check this out, from the SoundCloud blog:

http://blog.soundcloud.com/2012/12/04/next-becomes-soundcloud/

There are over 420 comments on that post, all of them negative feedback. Is SoundCloud paying attention? We hope so.

Like I said, a small rebellion has begun on SoundCloud. Users are posting soundbytes complaining about the new design. Here's mine, probably the only angry, no-holds-barred one, so be warned:


No comments:

Post a Comment